Organic Acids Test
To test for inflammatory root causes through organic acid levels.
Organic Acids Test Description:
- Organic acids panels test for the organic acids in urine that are byproducts of daily cellular metabolism
- Based on known metabolic pathways and enzyme-cofactor requirements, these organic acid markers can provide great insights in discovering underlying causes of chronic symptoms
- Organic acids testing can aid advanced providers in the detection of imbalances, toxicity, and inflammation in chronically or acutely ill patients with complex illnesses
- Alongside other diagnostic testing, organic acids profiles complete the clinical picture of root causes and guide practitioners in developing the most individual and effective interventions
- The Vibrant Organic Acids panel uses the most advanced mass spectrometry technology to assess 75 metabolic markers in urine
- The panel includes 11 subpanels and provides accurate evaluation of intestinal microbial overgrowth, detoxification, mitochondrial markers, neurotransmitter metabolism, glutathione status, fatty acid metabolism, and inborn errors of metabolism
- A complete package of the Vibrant Organic Acids Panel and Vibrant Micronutrients will provide an overall picture of the patient’s whole nutrition foundation and aid the provider in intervention choices
- Organic acids can be combined with the Vibrant Fungal Antibodies panel, the Vibrant Gut Zoomer 3.0, and the Vibrant Environmental Toxins profile to get more specific insight into the individual’s root causes of inflammation
Organic Acids Test Symptoms:
Organic acids testing can accurately identify conditions associated with genetic disorders, nutrient deficiencies, intestinal dysbiosis, and toxicity from diet and prescription drugs.
Conditions and Symptoms Which May Benefit From Organic Acids TestingInclude:
- Mental and/or developmental delays
- Fatigue and weakness
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Mood swings
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Slowed reaction time
- Poor memory
- Digestive problems
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, bloating
- Hypo- or hyperglycemia
- Unexplained weight gain/loss
- Muscle weakness
- Immune deficiency
- Hearing, speech, or visual impairment
Organic Acids Test FAQs:
What type of sample is required for the Vibrant Organic Acids Test?
The Vibrant Organic Acids panel is a urine-based assay and performed on mass spectrometry instrumentation, the gold standard in organic acid analysis.
Should I be fasting for the Organic Acids Test?
Yes, you should be fasting before providing your sample for the Organic Acids test.
Should I discontinue any medications or supplements before giving my sample for the Organic Acids test?
We do not advise discontinuing any necessary medications or supplements and recommend you consult with your prescribing physician or healthcare provider before making any changes to your medication or supplement intake.
Should I change my diet prior to giving a sample for the Organic Acids test?
Yes. Some foods can affect the results of an organic acids test result. We recommend avoiding apples, grapes, raisins, pears, cranberries, dried cranberries and any juices from these fruits for 48 hours prior to taking your urine sample. You should also avoid the following supplements which may affect test results if taken within 48 hrs prior to giving your urine sample: ribose, arabinogalactan, echinacea, and reishi mushrooms.